The inspiration for Keri's hair was Wong Kar-Wai's film "In The Mood For Love" - sleek and chic, yet soft and romantic. Brian Magallones (celebrity clients include: Elisabeth Moss, Tessa Thompson, Maria Bello) used Brazilian Blowout styling products to tame Keri's naturally curly hair, allowing him to keep the hair sleek, shiny, and frizz free. Get The Look, Step-By-Step...
- Use a small amount of Brazilian Blowout Acai Daily Smoothing Serum
- Separate dried hair in 2 inch sections and set in Velcro rollers.
- Remove the rollers, and use a 1.75 inch barrel curling iron to add a bit more curl. According Brian, "Even the sleekest need to be curled first for a more "finished" look."
- Next, brush through hair to relax the curl
- Use Brazilian Blowout Acai Restorative Sculpt & Define Polish to slick hair back into an imperfect bun, maintaining a modern and youthful look.
- Leave some pieces out in the front to create a long, sexy, swooping bang that can be left out or tucked behind her ear
- Finish the look with a spritz of Brazilian Blowout Acai Shine & Shield Shine Spray, and you're officially red carpet ready!
Step 1: Start by applying Schwarzkopf essence ULTIME Biotin+ Volume & Vitality Root Lift Spray to damp hair and blow dry for body that extends from root to tip.
Step 2: Starting at the nape of the neck, use a 1 ½ inch curling iron in small sections to add a soft wave throughout. Sprinkle in a small amount of Schwarzkopf styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume & Texture Magic Volume Powder at the roots for added volume and texture.
Step 3: Part hair slightly off center and tease with a boar bristle brush. Loosely gather into a textured chignon so it remains soft around the hairline and ears. Secure with bobby pins. Finally, lightly dust hair with Schwarzkopf styliste ULTIME Crystal Shine & Hold Laminating Shine Hair Spray to secure the look.
You can find these Schwarzkopf ULTIME products exclusively at Walmart for $6.97 each.
Inspired by the Chinese film In The Mood for Love, John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh gave Rose Byrne frizz-free, full-bodied waves for the 2015 Met Gala. “This red carpet is all about putting an individual spin on a common theme,” explained Harry. “The film focuses on fleeting youth, beauty and love, so we wanted the hair to look fresh, glamorous and romantic, taking inspiration from the storyline.”
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- To begin, Harry prepped her hair by applying John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer.
- Next, he took John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse and applied it to the roots for frizz-free lift at the crown.
- Then, Harry blowdried her hair section by section using the Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 and a round brush, concentrating on creating extra volume at the roots.
- After creating the part, Harry set 2 inch wide sections down the center in Velcro rollers. He curled the remaining pieces of hair piece by piece. After all of the curls had set, he brushed out the hair for a voluminous wave.
- For a touchable finish, he spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray all over her hair.
John Frieda stylist Ryan Cotton gave actress Emma Roberts a polished, origami-inspired bun for the 2015 Met Gala. Cotton kept Roberts’ hair looking clean and polished in the front and opted for a subtle nod to China in the details: chopsticks. “Emma has a stunning face, so a clean look always benefits her and brings out her true beauty,” explains Cotton. “However, we wanted to create a little drama – the chopsticks and ‘bird of paradise’-inspired bun were the perfect way to align with the evening’s theme.”
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- Cotton applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum to wet hair from mid-shaft to the ends, ensuring vibrant shine and a smooth finish.
- Next, Cotton applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to the side part of her hair for extra volume and lift.
- Using a round brush, Cotton blowdryed the roots and bangs to a smooth finish and curled hair all over with a 2-inch curling iron for additional shine.
- Cotton then smoothed Emma’s hair into a side ponytail with a boar-bristle brush, securing it with an elastic band.
- Next, Cotton twisted the ponytail to the side in a long row, pulling straight ends out to create an origami-shape resembling a Birds of Paradise flower.
- To finish, Ryan sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease KERAFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray all over and added two pink chopsticks for a polished look.
Olivia Wilde looked stunning on the red carpet tonight in a Prada gown for the 2015 Met Gala. Celebrity hair stylist, Ben Skervin, wanted to accentuate her style with a beautiful headband knotted in grey silk. “I wanted to keep the hair slick and simple, but I also liked the idea of keeping it graphic.” See below for steps from Ben on how to get Olivia’s look using Goldwell.
- Skervin applied the Goldwell Style Sign Naturally Full Bodifying Blowdry & Finish Spray which not only helped add thickness to the hair, but it also created the beautiful, satin smooth finish that he needed to achieve with this style
- Once the hair was dry, Skervin then used a straightening iron to get the hair pin straight.
- He parted the hair down the center and used the Goldwell Style Sign Big Finish Volume Hairspray to smooth down the baby hairs around the hair line and along the part.
- Lastly, Skervin added the headband and did one final straightening with the irons over the ends of the hair. He used a small amount of the Goldwell Elixir Versatile Oil Treatment on the very ends of the hair for smoothness. And then finally, he applied a small amount of additional hair spray to keep everything in place.
Dakota Johnson took the red carpet by storm in her sequined mini dress at this year’s Met Gala. The Chinese themed ball inspired the short Chanel mini dress. For Dakota’s look, celebrity hairstylist, Jen Atkin, styled a short wavy bob on the actress, which is quite a change from the star’s usual long haired looks. See below for steps from Jen on how to get Dakota’s look using KMS California.
- Jen created this look by first prepping Dakota’s wet hair with KMS California ADDVOLUME volumizing spray to provide heat protection and boost volume in her hair. She then scrunched sections of the hair and clipped with duckbill clips all around head to create an S-shaped pattern.
- Jen blew the hair dry with a GHD dryer using her fingers while keeping the clips intact. Afterwards, she removed the clips and curled 1’’ sections of hair alternating between a 1" flat iron to create waves and a 1 1/4" GHD curling iron, while keeping the ends straight.
- Next, she rubbed KMS California HAIRPLAY messing creme between each section.
- Jen finished the look by misting KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling and finishing spray over hair for lasting hold and added shine.
Who wore you're favorite hairstyle at last night's Met Gala. Leave a comment below and tell me what you think! Until next time...