INSPIRATION: Glamorous, boho chic
To keep with Rashida Jones’s individual style and complement her gorgeous Valentino dress, celebrity hairstylist John Ruggiero gave the actress a textured, long, loose braid for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party last night. “The look was very glamorous for the occasion, but also very Rashida,” said John.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- “When you are going for a look like this one, it is important to build a foundation with texture,” said John. “I asked Rashida to wash her hair the day before with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full For Colour-Treated Hair Shampoo and Conditioner because it gives you the texture of freshly colored hair which was essential in creating this tousled look.”
- To begin styling, John spritzed John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster to Rashida’s roots and as well as the John Frieda Luxurious Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray to the ends of her hair before blow-drying using his hands.
- For even more texture and drama, John next used a 1 ½ inch curling iron to give Rashida an S wave and then added in extensions to give her hair more length for the desired style.
- Next, John braided Rashida’s hair down her back, keeping the braid loose. For a touch of glam, John added a gold clip off the center to the back left side of her hair.
- Finally, to finish, John sealed the look with a few mists of John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray.
What do you think of Rashida's hair? Until next time...