I've been on a bit of a tea kick lately, as has Peyton, and I think perhaps our palates have matured past the standard brands and varieties that can be found at our local grocer. Not that we don't enjoy our regular standby's, we (well maybe more me than her) just wish to venture outside of what we're used to, and try something new.
So of course I accepted the opportunity to sample some teas from a brand I had never heard of prior, Numi Organic Teas. I was especially pleased when I discovered that they offer only premium quality organic, non-GMO and fair trade certified teas and teasans, because as it turns out, Lo and Kenzie are also becoming quite fond of tea (maybe it's all of the Downton Abbey I watch around them), so it's become increasingly important for me to be aware of what we all are ingesting.
Numi blends its organic leave teas in a solar-powered facility with only real herbs, fruits, flowers and spices—not unnecessary “natural” flavorings or perfumes and that all Numi products are packaged in recycled-content containers and non-GMO verified biodegradable bags. They offer a wide variety of bagged teas (Green, Black, White, and Herbal), as well as loose leaf teas-so there is something for any tea lover to enjoy! My girls especially enjoyed the Basil Mint Pu-erh Tea, while I found the Ginger version very comforting while I was ill.
If you have a tea connoisseur in your life, or maybe a novice like us that just wants to explore what it out there, Numi has created the lovely Indulgent Pu-erh Tea Collection (MSRP $19.99-$24.99). A sustainable bamboo box holds a premium sampling of Numi’s innovative, artisanal and delicious organic pu-erh teas – the perfect introduction to this innovative line. A unique gift for the discerning and adventuresome tea lover, the Indulgent Pu-erh Tea Collection includes four bags of each of the popular Numi Pu-erh flavors:
- Emperor’s Pu-erh -a deep, bold bodied tea, that is smooth and earthy with hints of malt; serves as a fantastic substitute for coffee
- Chocolate Pu-erh- a velvety infusion that combines black Pu∙erh tea and organic cocoa. Accented by whole vanilla beans and sweet orange peel, this decadent blend is rounded off with nutmeg and cinnamon for a spicy finish.
- Cardamom Pu-erh - a luxurious blend of rich Black Pu∙erh tea is enlivened by the spicy and crisp hints of sweet green cardamom
- Ginger Pu-erh- a delicious and healthy tea balances the deep earthy taste of black Pu∙erh tea with the peppery, spicy notes of ginger
- Jasmine Pu-erh- a blend of rich black Pu∙erh and jasmine-scented green tea enraptures the senses with its complex layers of deep earthy flavor and sweet floral scent
- Basil-Mint Pu-erh - a unique blend has a deep, earthy flavor rounded by rich herbal aromas, succulent piquant notes of basil and hints of mint
You can find Numi Teas and the Indulgent Pu-erh Tea Collection on Amazon.com and NumiTea.com. Until next time...