For Pamella Roland’s first ever bridal collection, makeup artist Alexis Comforti created a flawless makeup look that conveyed “classic, radiant and youthful beauty” evocative of a modern Audrey Hepburn. The key to this look is Laura Mercier’s classic formula, Silk Crème Foundation ($47), which helps skin look radiant, fresh and photo-ready.
Flawless Face: Radiant, Glowing and Fresh
· Comforti first prepped skin with Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15, ($53).
· Next, she mixed Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating, ($33) together to create an even canvas to apply foundation.
· She then used Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, ($47) and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($34) as needed to even out the skin tone.
· Lastly, she applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud, ($25) on the apples of the cheeks and then faded out the cheekbones with Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($25).
Eyes: Soft and Muted
· Comforti covered the entire eye area with Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat, ($26) and then layered Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Guava, ($24) over top.
· She lightly applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Fresco, ($24) in the crease and up to the brow.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown, ($24), using Laura Mercier’s signature “tightline” method to press the colour underneath the root of the upper lash line and on the top of the lash line. She focused the liner at the center of the eye towards the outer corner.
· On the lower lash liner, she applied the same Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner,($24) at the center of the eye.
· To finish the look and define the eye, she used Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Suprême Lash Building Mascara, ($25).
· To flawlessly frame the face, she filled in eyebrows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil, ($22), which resulted in a heavy, defined brow.
Lips: Full, Customized Colour
· Models were paired with one of four flower vignettes for the presentation. Comforti created four different lip shades – each one complementing the colour scheme in the models’ respective flower vignette.
· To do so, she applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour, ($27) (see below for specific shade) and layered Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Cosmic, ($25) on the center of lips to reflect the light.
o Green Florals: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Brigitte, ($27)
o Yellow Florals: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Mango, ($27)
o Hot Pink Florals: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Dusk, ($27)
o White Roses: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush, ($27)
It's so nice to see such realistic and doable makeup for a bridal show! I did my own makeup for my wedding and with tips and tools like these from Alexis Comforti and Laura Mercier, you can achieve these gorgeous looks for your special day - or any day!
Until next time...