Here are some tips (from Mally herself) to re-create Beyoncé’s look from her infamous Inauguration performance, anyone can achieve this easy-to-wear look at home. It works on all ages, skin type and color!
|photo via latimes.com|
· To first set the skin, apply my Perfect Prep Poreless Primer all over the face and my Cancellation Concealer directly underneath the eyes.
|Perfect Prep Poreless Primer|
· To achieve natural-looking coverage, first, apply my Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation. Next, add a sweep of my NEW Diamond Unpowder that will illuminate the skin followed by brushing on my Effortless Airbrush Highlighter and Blush Duo to the cheeks in order to provide a soft, radiant glow to the skin.
|Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation|
· To achieve a rich, smokey eye – try my Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer. Apply this all over the eyelid and underneath as well. Next, select a few shades from the Mally Beauty In the Buff Palette and sweep that onto the eyelids. Finish the look by applying a small amount of my Age Rebel Shadow Stick in Chocolate Diamond on the bottom lid right under your eyelashes to open up the eye followed by using my Lightwand Eyebrightener to the inner corners to instantly brighten this area. Lastly, to achieve this bold eyeliner at-home, try using the Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Midnight, layered with the Ultimate Performance Ink Eyeliner (which is exclusive to QVC.com).
|Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer|
· Compliment this confident eye by pairing it with a mascara that will enhance the overall look – such as the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara and/or my NEW Instant Impact Mascara. To create glossy, Beyoncé worthy lips try my High Shine Lip Gloss in Mally’s Look or Mally’s Baby.
|Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara|
· And last but not least, before you leave the house, apply the Mally Beauty Face Defender to lock your makeup in place and Perfect Prep Hydrating Under Eye Brightener to make the eyes pop!
|Mally Beauty Face Defender|
Mally also created the look at the Tracy Reese Fall 2013 preview, and described the woman wearing this bold look as follows: “She is the quintessential New York City girl. She's confident. She's fierce. Whether she has been out all night with her girlfriends, or just working the night shift, she's out feeling as fabulous as she did when she left the house. Her skin is healthy, glowing, and artfully undone. The eyes are strong, which are the focus, and heavily smokey.”:
For Glowing Skin: Mally used her Glow Primer as a base and to create a subtle glow. She topped skin with her Diamond Unpowder which uses a unique moisture delivery system to keep skin looking fresh, fabulous and radiant all day long. Then, to give the skin even more glow, she used her Effortless Airbrush Highlighter on the cheekbones and used her blush Mally’s Baby on the apples of cheeks. Each model finished with her Evercolor Poreless Face Defender to seal in makeup without a cakey finish.
|Effortless Airbrush Highlighter|
For a Bold Smokey Eye: Mally created an artistic smokey eye. For this, she used the black eyeshadow from her City Chick Smokey Eye Kit in Soho Silver all over the lid. Then, she bent a clean mascara wand to each model’s specific eye shape, before dipping it in her Evercolor Silk Eye Defining System in Jet Black to smudge it out on the ends of eyes.
|City Chick Smokey Eye Kit|
For “Slept in Lips”: Mally started the look by applying her lipstick in French Kiss on the lips and then continued the rest of the face. Once each model was complete, she used a tissue and dabbed off the excess lipstick, so it looked like the model slept in her lipstick.
For Defined Brows: Mally filled in the eyebrows with her 24/7 Brow Express so they were strong and defined.
Being the rock star that she is, Mally even has tips on how to get the perfect romantic look for date night:
Pretty Pink Lips: A pink pout looks good on every skin tone and every age. If you want to choose a light pink, try the Mally Beauty Lip Defender Volumizing Lip Gloss in Pink ($29) that creates plumpness to your lips. If you want a more intense pink, try the Mally Beauty Lip Magnifier in Fierce, a bright fuchsia. No matter which pink you choose, start by exfoliating your lips with the Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Lip System ($35) that conditions the lips so they look and feel soft and smooth throughout the day.
|Lip Defender Duo Sunsceen Pink Peach|
Smokey Emerald Eyes: A smokey eye doesn’t have to be just gray or black – play with color! The hottest color this year – Emerald – is just the trick. Use the Mally Beauty City Chick Smokey Eye Kit in Central Park ($40), follow the easy-to-use palette that includes all of the steps to creating an intense smokey eye.
|Mally Beauty City Chick Smokey Eye Kit in Central Park|
Black Liquid Liner and Red Lips: A sultry eye and lip are the perfois combination for a night out with the girls. Start by applying the Mally Beauty Professional Ink Liner ($23.64) and creating a slight wing tip at the corners of your eyes. To find the right rouge lip to match, try Mally Beauty’s Red Lip Kit ( $35) that comes in three shades: Cool Red, Neutral Red and Warm Red.
|Mally Beauty Professional Ink Liner|
|Mally Beauty Perfect Red Lip Kit Warm Red|
Golden Goddess: Create that glow, by using a bronzer that is 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. Apply it to the following areas: concentrate on the perimeter of your face and start behind the ear, working down along the jawline. Then, go across the top of the forehead (along the hairline). Lightly sweep across the forehead, bridge of the nose, cheeks, and tip of the chin. To prevent your face from looking "muddy" or "dirty", make sure that you also apply a great pink blush on the apples of the cheeks, and a sweep of highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones. Try Mally Beauty Believable Bronzer ($40). Next, apply a shimmery champagne eyeshadow all-over eyelids. Try Mally Beauty Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer ($25) and finish off with a nude lipgloss. Try Mally Beauty Super Natural ($20).
|Mally Beauty Believable Bronzer|
And now for the GIVEAWAY!!!! I'm going to make this really simple: if you are a US resident, aged 18 or older, AND follow Mama Fashionista via Google Friend Connect (the widget for that is on the right sidebar), just leave a comment below with your email address (so I can contact you if you win), and you will be entered to win your own Mally Beauty Believable Bronzer (a $40 value) in your choice of shade: Sexy Gloden Tan (the lighter option) or Glowing Golden Bronze (the darker option)! The giveaway will run until Sunday, February 17 at 11:59 PM EST and the winner will be chosen randomly and notified by Tuesday, February 19 by noon. Until next time...