Disclaimer: I am not a nail blogger or professional (so sometimes I color outside of the lines and my cuticles look a bit ragged). I am merely a girl who LOVES nail polish!
As the hubby mentioned in his Game Day recipe post, I'm a diehard Atlanta Falcons fan so yesterday was a big day for me! I decided to show my team spirit in the best (and most stylish) way I could-with a Falcons' inspired manicure! Here's what I used:
- On my pinkie finger, I layered Julep's January (a tomato red creme) with OPI's The Impossible (a liquid sand formula, matte fuchsia glitter) from the new Mariah Carey collection.
- On my ring finger, I topped essie's No Place Like Chrome (from the Mirror Metallics collection) with another essie polish, Set in Stones, from the Luxe Effects collection.
- I anchored the look by keeping it simple on my middle finger. I simply used two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black (and I have to admit, I'm really impressed with this polish! It was only $2, but goes on nice and smooth, and is perfectly opaque in two coats. It's the perfect black creme!)
- On my pointer finger, I used Julep January as my base again, but this time I topped it with China Glaze's Whirled Away from the Cirque du Soleil collection. Because of the shapes of the glitter pieces, this was a bit more difficult to use than most glitters, but I LOVE the results!
- Finally, for my thumb I layered two coats of another Liquid Sand shade from OPI's Mariah Carey collection, Stay the Night, over the Sinful Colors Black on Black. It is the perfect polish to show my Falcons' pride; with it's matte black finish and glints of red shimmer shining through!
Kenzie stood by patiently as I applied all the polish and let it dry, so I rewarded her by painting her own little fingers. She picked her own polishes (she was partial to the essie shades) and here's how it turned out:
|As you can see, she wasn't quite as patient in waiting for her nails to dry as she was with me!|
So, the Falcons didn't win the game, but we still had a blast watching it! The hubby out did himself in the kitchen with his game day cuisine (the recipe will be up in another post later this week) AND he concocted a new Drink of the Week (also coming this week). I hate that I waited until the last game of our season to do this whole team inspired manicure thing, but there's always next season! Until next time...