Now that the weather is getting colder, your hands might start to feel a little dry. Celebrity Nail Artist and Owner of As U Wish Nail Salon, Skyy Hadley, shares a recipe for a coffee sugar hand scrub to keep hands smooth and soft all winter long. Skyy likes to use a hand scrub like this one at least once a week and always applies a sustaining hand lotion like, Lauren B. Beauty Nourishing Hand Crème, before bed every night.
“The coffee and sugar in this scrub are natural exfoliates and work to remove dry skin, while the coconut oil leaves skin smooth and hydrated. It’s a win-win!”- Skyy Hadley
Coffee Sugar Scrub
½ cup coconut oil
1 cup fine to medium ground coffee
1 cup raw sugar
1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave just so it becomes soft enough to mix in easily.
2. Mix coconut oil with the coffee and sugar. Combine well.
3. Rub a generous amount of the scrub between hands as if you are washing your hands. Leave scrub on hands for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Rinse hands well in warm water.
5. Follow with a hand lotion.
6. Transfer extra scrub to jars for gifting/storage.
Bonus: If you’re a true coffee lover, apply Lauren B Espresso on 3rd on nails to complete your look!