Braids have long been trending in Hollywood (and are always in if you happen to be a mom to little girls). Lately the braids have become more and more creative and intricate, with braided headbands being one of the biggest braided styles to surface recently. Whether your hair is curly or straight, long or short, thin or thick, there is a way to achieve and personalize this great style. Here is an example (and step by step instructions on how to do it) of a gorgeously executed hairstyle that incorporates this popular trend.
|Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine) stunned on both the stage and red carpet at the LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala.|
Florence wore an eye catching, cobalt blue Gucci gown with plunging neckline, so her hair stylist Nikki Providence opted for a look that went along with the boho-chic vibe the gown evoked. Keep reading for Nikki’s step-by-step guide to achieving this look!
1) Begin with clean, damp hair.
2) Spray Davines Defining Texturizer at the roots and MELU Shield on the length of your hair. The Texturizer provides hold and volume, while the MELU Shield protects your hair from damage caused by styling tools.
3) Blow dry your hair using a round brush.
4) Apply a couple of pups of the Davines OI/OIL on the ends of your hair. This will condition your hair and protect it while in braids and add shine without heavy greasiness. Plus, it makes your hair smell incredible!
5) Divide your hair into two sections and braid each side, beginning just above the ear.
6) Wrap each braid across the top of your head and secure with pins.
For added glam, you can incorporate a couple of necklaces and pin them into your hair like Florence did.
Have you tried implementing braids into your hair styling? What do you think of Florence's boho chic style? Will you be giving it a try? What about Davines- have you had a chance to try out their wonderful products? I am obsessed with everything I've tried from the brand so far; I discussed the divine, multi-purpose Authentic Replenishing Butter (which has been a skin and hair saver for me as the temperature drops), and my new fave from them is the Momo Moisturizing Anti-Frizz Protective Fluid...
The MOMO Fluid is quick and easy to apply, leaves my curls so soft, smooth and frizz free with minimal fuss. It is my go to product on days when I just don't have the time to mess with a counter full of products. If you haven't tried out Davines yet, I highly recommend giving them a try! Until next time...